Black Box on Trains
Train Data Acquisition Unit (TDAU) is an electronic device installed in the Loco (Train Engine) to record all type communication : cab videos, train coordinates, time, events and instructions sent over any electronic systems on an the Loco.
Train Data Acquisition Unit (TDAU) is the pro-active and non-punitive use of digital or analog Train operational data from routine operations to improve train safety.
- Identify areas of operational risk and quantify safety margins
- Identify and quantify changing operational risks by highlighting when non-standard, unusual or unsafe circumstances occur.
- To use the information on the frequency of occurrence , combined with an estimation of severity, to assess the risk and to determine which may become unacceptable if discovered trend continuous.
- To put risk mitigation techniques
- Confirm the effectiveness of any remedial action by continued monitoring
- Compare Standard Operating Procedures with those actually achieved every day
- Voice recording : Walkie Talkie, train driver to guard or train to control both ways, Magneto phone / Train intercom, Oral communication in the cab between loco pilot and the assistant
- Video recording of in cab and front view of the from loco
- Time and date
- GPS coordinates of location
- Train speed logs
- Break pressure logs
- Brazil Railways
- Australia, Cairns Tilt Train
- DB Germany
- Australia, Hunter Rail Cars
- Australia, Reliance Rail, Waratah trains
- China, Wuhan Z&Y Corporation – China Railways
- Brazil, São Paulo Metro Line 2 and 3
- Finland, Helsinki Commuter Trains
- SNCF France, AGC Regional Trains
- Israel Railways – Several projects
- US Railways
- Hong Kong, KCRC/MLR
- Russian-Finland, Karelian Trains (RZD and VR)
- Slovakia Railways and Czech Railways, ŠKODA Transportation a.s.
- Sweden, Stockholm Commuter Trains
- Romanian Railways, CFR S.A.-
- UK Railways (Underground) – 1989
SOLUTIONS THAT WE PROVIDE End to end solutions
Mass Rail Transit
Defence & Security